Dr Alastair Mackenzie Scholarship is to support students who without its support would be unable to secure the funding required to study at Marcus Oldham College in Australia.
As Australia’s only independent agricultural and equine business management college, Marcus Oldham offers students a unique educational experience. Since 1962, Marcus Oldham has built an enviable reputation both nationally and internationally for preparing business leaders who pursue successful careers in the farming, agribusiness and equine management sectors.
Scholarships Host Institution: Marcus Oldham College in Australia
Scholarship Type: Partial funding
Scholarship level: Undergraduates
Subject Eligibility: Field of Agriculture
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be eligible for the Dr Alastair Mackenzie Scholarship Fund At Marcus Oldham College in Australia; applicants are to meet up with the following
- Applicants must be Domestic or International students.
- The scholarship is available for Undergraduate course in the field of Agriculture.
- Candidates must be enrolled in first year of the Agriculture Program.
- Applicants must not be above 18 years of age at the starting of the program (generally the beginning of February).
- Candidates must have successfully completed secondary education.
- Candidates must have completed at least 12 months in an industry attachment during or after their secondary school.
- Applicants must have a strong desire to pursue a career in the agricultural industries.
- English Language Requirement:Applicants must meet all the English language requirements of the College.
How to Apply
As part of the application process for this scholarship, eligible candidates must demonstrate a strong desire to pursue a career in the agriculture program by taking admission in the Year 1 of the Agriculture Program at the Marcus Oldham College, thereafter can apply via email, fax, and post.
What to include
Your scholarship application must include:
- Your CV with the contact details of two referees
- A statement of your Year 12 results and university ENTER score if applied for
- Scholarship essay: 500-word essay answering the specific scholarship question(s)
- (located on each individual scholarship page under “Question”)
- College essay: 100-word essay answering, “What are your career goals and aspirations?”
- If applying for an Equine Management scholarship, two photographs of yourself riding/handling horses required
Note: Applications can be submitted for more than one scholarship, but applicants can only receive one scholarship in any one academic year. If you’re applying for more than one scholarship, one copy of your CV and one copy of your College essay is sufficient.
Submitting your application
Applications must be received at Marcus Oldham College no later than 5.00pm AEST, on the scholarships closing date. Applications can be submitted via email, fax and post.
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 03 5244 1263
Marcus Oldham College
Private Bag 116
Geelong Mail Centre VIC 3221
Acknowledgement of receipt of application will be emailed to the email address you provided on your CV. Applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be advised approximately 3 weeks prior to the interview date.
Interviews will be conducted on campus at Marcus Oldham, on the dates specified for each scholarship. The College does not conduct scholarship interviews via Skype, Facetime or Phone, with the exception of international applicants.
If no applicants are deemed to meet the selection criteria scholarships may not be awarded. The College also reserves the right to extend the closing and interview dates.
The successful applicant
The successful applicant will receive a Scholarship Letter of Offer and must advise the College in writing, of acceptance of the scholarships and obligations as a recipient within 7 days of written notification.
The value of the scholarships will be deducted from the fees in the appropriate academic year(s) unless otherwise agreed by the College.