Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Travel and Fleet Assistant
Job Ref Code: TRF241219
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports To: Travel and Fleet Manager
- Travel and Fleet assistant will assist with all logistical tasks (transportation, air tickets and accommodation) related to staff movement ranging from in-country field trips to international
- Visitors and that the fleet of the CRS NE Nigeria are managed at its optimum in compliance with CRS standards.
- Includes working with the Travel and Fleet Manager
- To develop vehicle scheduling system in order to keep costs to the lowest possible
- To ensure CRS fleet operations adhere to local and national traffic laws and regulations by proactively seeking regular updates from relevant government authority
- To design a suitably staffed and equipped transport function to support the CRS vehicle operations and policies.
- To ensure comprehensive vehicle tracking mechanism is in place to ensure daily vehicle check-up is done, mandatory periodic maintenance service is completed, repairs are made immediately, and unidentified operational gaps are addressed.
- To Implement and direct CRS standard Vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- To manage and be accountable for the vehicle fleet, ordering and inventory management of all vehicle related parts and consumables, including fuel.
- Focal point for all purchases in fleet unit. Raising RFGSs for vehicles spare parts and vehicle repairs.
- Ensure the correct and timely routine maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Inspect and record condition of vehicles, by maintaining weekly checklists file and ensuring that Vehicles log books are accurately filled.
- keeping accurate record and monitoring system on fuel consumption.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Generate, maintain and circulate appropriate fleet reports (Vehicle Movement Plan, Vehicle Rental, Vehicle Repair and Maintenance, Fuel Consumption, etc.) to line manager and relevant staff as needed